perjantai 16. lokakuuta 2015

I felt like I needed to get out of Anam

"Anam is a country"

It's a saying you will probably hear if you come to KU. Anam has pretty much anything you would need, so you don't have to leave the premises of the school often. Today the weather was nice and I really didn't feel like spending the whole day indoors.
Oli ihan t-paita -keli, oli tosi lämmintä, vaikka tuuli oli ehkä vähän vilakka. Ihan Suomen kesän oloinen sää - joten tottakai korealaisilla oli päällä villapaita tai takki.

I decided to go to check out a bookstore. For a while now I have really wanted to read something that is not text books or the news. Turns out, the bookstore really didn't have many books in English and I didn't find anything I would like to read.
The bookstore was huge and full of books! But of course they were in Korean. It actually inspired me to study harder. Or at least I got some more motivation, we'll see how well I'll be able to use that inspiration on actually studying. But it reminded me of the time when I first started studying Korean and how I, when I saw books written in Korean, I really wanted to be able to read them. In my opinion Korean is a really beautiful language.
The strange thing about the books store was that there were a lot of people sitting on the benches and on the floor between the shelves reading the books! That would definitely not happen in Finland. You are not supposed to read the books in the bookstore. You are allowed to look through it and read the back and so on, but if you really want to read it you need to buy it. Oisin halunnut ottaa kuvia niistä ihmisistä, koska se oli jotain niin erilaista, mutta se olis ollut aika epäkohteliasta...

I actually planned to go to a coffee shop to study next, but I walked to Cheonggyecheon (청계천) , the stream that goes through downtown Seoul. Before I knew it, I was walking down the path next to the stream. Virtaavaa vettä, kukkia ja vihreää lokakuussa.




Kukkia lokakuussa.

Söpöin sillanalusmaalaus ikinä.




After that I continued walking and decided to check out the hotel where my parents will be staying when they come to visit. This beautiful park was on the way there ^^ Namsangol Hanok Village is in the park (남산골 한옥마을). Beautiful fall colors and Korean architecture.

















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti